- Make your own moon and stars or Goddess cookie cutters, from aluminum (soda pop) cans: here's an example of a Goddess from http://buntwerkstatt.at/ausstecher-selber-machen/ (use google translate to read it in English, if you prefer); you can also use these to cut out shapes in clays, like Fimo, Sculpey, or air-dry clays
- Make cookies; maybe spritz or sugar cookie cut-outs
- Make a food from your ancestors, like pierogies or gumbo or shepard's pie, and lay out an altar dedicated to them
- Stay up all night: longest night observance vigil
- Go for a walk the day of solstice eve & also on solstice day
- Write out your Resolutions for the upcoming year; also think about your word/phrase for the year...mine might be "kind"; 2020's was 'embodiment'
- Browse your inspiration file/sources, and work on your post-Pandemic bucket list for 2021, and beyond
- Research archaeological astronomical sights, like Stone Henge, the Grange, mounds (like wood henge) and view celebrations online
- Decorate a cake with Stone Henge
- Gingerbread houses: you can make these from scratch, a kit, or even graham crackers, or toaster pastries (like Nature's Path or Pop Tarts)
- Buy or bake (or burn) a Buche de Noel / Yule log
- Yule carols
- Tarot reading, online or your own cards, or order from someone locally or online
- Read 2021 astrological predictions for your sign
- Buy/find yourself a crystal/stone, starting a tradition of a crystal per Sabbat
- Plant some seeds
- Find/make some pagan themed calendars, bullet journals, altared*journals, a BOS (Book of Shadows (& Light!)) &/or daily planners
- Other Solstice-y crafts you like—maybe needle or yarn crafts, sigil creation for 2021, yule spells in an ornament, wreath making, yule decor, sewing a dream bag, making a poppet, writing a BOS page, crafting with salt-dough, painting your creative visions, while watching pagan/inspirational movies or videos
- Light some Candles and winter-y incense
- Compost &/or organize and purge things
- Ritual bath and ritual
Sunday, December 20, 2020
Wednesday, December 2, 2020
Tuesday, December 1, 2020
With the great news of the incoming Biden-Harris administration, and the covid19 vaccines (from Pfizer, first...where my family used to work), December is
* finallllllllllly* .....feeling better, a bit...even if enforced quarantine is getting old and full of conflict.. From the fools who were super-spreader covIdiots, to the resulting deaths and also economic impacts this has been a fairly hard year. Personally, the vaccine news has me looking forward to 2021, maybe starting to get back on my remote tech career path, and having some other family members step up to help octogenarians in my 'pod'.
Meanwhile, here are the things SomeGurrrl (me!) will blog about in Dec '20:
(Nov30 was Full Moon Lunar Eclipse in Gemini; lunar eclipses are endings)
- December Blog Topics *this post*
- WordlessWednesday Dec20 Calendar freebie
- Attending virtual Women in Tech Conference; also bulbs
- Attending virtual Google Midwest WebDev conference; also cookies; #FridayFreebie
- Final gift list
- #Self-careSunday: Countdowns: Days, Gifts, Books, ____
- #MoonyMonday: Bujo Layout
- DIY gifts
- #WallpaperWednesday: Holidaze
- Gingerbread House Base
- #FridayFreebie: Gingerbread House Decor
- Saturday Knits
- #Self-careSunday: Holidaze Teas
- #MoonyMonday: Happy New Moon Total Solar Eclipse in Sagittarius; Electoral College
- Solstice Preparations
- #WallpaperWednesday: Printable Gifts
- Pierogies; Great Conjunction
- #FridayFreebie: UglySweaters and Yuletide Carols
- Snowflakes; Great Conjunction
- #Self-careSunday: Solstice Eve - midnight ritual & Kutia
- #MoonyMonday: Solstice Day - rest & assess; Great Conjunction
- Cookie & Baking Day 2
- #Wallpaper Wednesday:___ Mars square Pluto
- Traditional Ukrainian Xmas Eve
- #FridayFreebie: Merry Xmas
- Boxing Day; Kwanza Unity; 12M lose unemployment insurance
- #Self-careSunday: Kwanza Self-Determination
- #MoonyMonday: Assessing and moving forward; word for 2021?; Kwanza Collective Work & Responsibility
- ___ Kwanza Co-operative Economics; Happy Full Moon in Cancer?
- WallpaperWednesday: Happy Full Moon in Cancer; Bonus: Moons, etc of 2021; Kwanza Purpose
- Happy New Year's Eve! Bujo Spread for 2021; Kwanza Creativity; Kwanza Faith on 1st; start of Aquarian Decade
Tuesday, September 29, 2020
Tuesday, September 22, 2020
It's past noon now (12:34) and am about to go upstairs for my morning rite...coffee, clean-up, etc.
Here's a freebie wallpaper....
Am behind, as usual when I get up late; I awoke almost 2 hours ago, but opted to read for a bit (currently reading LeGuin's The Beginning Place; am about 5/9, maybe 2/3 through it; it's okay...took a long time to start; I used to push through those slow starts when I read in the long passed past, now they stop me a little less...I guess pandemic gave me that back).
Then discovered via pInterest some blogs to peruse; one witchy one's photo reminded me of
- the regret I have in giving up the mortar and pestle I had had...I will need to gift/reward myself with one...
- which leads to the thought that it's a new week, and I can come up with some *SMART*, small do-able goals...
- and that it's Autumnal Equinox, and I am unclear about the timing of it and my plans for today,
- and lastly that I HAVE been saving corn husks to make dollies, which is good since the leaves are still green and on the trees, for autumn leaf crafts.
Friday, September 4, 2020
This is part 1 of my series on action timed with cosmic energies.
The key to getting things done in an organized fashion is planning. The key to keep going 'when the going gets rough' is both momentum and a rewards-penalties system. This especially applies to improving your health with a healthier diet and more exercise. The going has *definitely* been getting rough: times haven't been much more rough than in recent US history, with covid highlighting our health, and with obesity being a covid risk factor, many of us *should* use proven systems of action to lose weight to help us get healthier. Now is a GREAT time to do so, because the waning energy after the Pisces Full Moon can set us up for success:
Set up action systems during the waning energy after the recent Pisces Full Moon.
Thursday, September 3, 2020
- +2 hours gardening & cleaning THURSDAY; also did 2 hours cleaning Tuesday, 55 minutes cleaning Wednesday; spinning 25 minutes, low-impact 45 minutes
- Healthy-ish (kinda big) meals, but overkill on snacks; still eating Garam Masala Carrot Lentil Soup
Make your own moon and stars or Goddess cookie cutters , from aluminum (soda pop) cans: here's an example of a Goddess from http://bunt...
FREE " Forever – is composed of Nows – " —Emily Dickinson Wallpaper #WordlessWednesday #WallpaperWednesday Also see the previous...
This is part 1 of my series on action timed with cosmic energies. The key to getting things done in an organized fashion is planning . The ...
FREE "The Journey is the Reward" Taoist Proverb Wallpaper #WordlessWednesday #WallpaperWednesday Also see the 2 choices this mont...