Thursday, November 4, 2021

New Moon Seeds: Writing Daily during Scorpio Season

So, years ago, I earned an English Language & Lit degree from a top University Lit department, and also a double minor in Comp. Sci., and in Media Arts, focused on digital arts/new media...*perfect* for a career as a blogger, yes? But I have disappointed myself in my blogging attempts over the years.  I have used various blogging platforms since basically before blogging was a thing (& now since it's 'over', kind of, via social media {though it's not really over: future blog topic!}), and yet I have not been consistent, and disappointed myself in some kind of perfectionism around what I thought I should have been doing/achieving in both career, and in blogging. Even in the past month...I thought I was going to do BlogTober...but...no...did not finish/follow-thru....😐😑😒

However, I just ran across a gorgeous blog FlaxandTwine.com (I think I ran across it years ago, too) while I was researching weaving & basket-making, specifically I was interested in grapevine and willow weaving, and general basketry, and this blog design was so clean and modern, and seemed on point with my interests, so I ended up digging back into her archives. I came across the concept of 'mini-resolutions', 12 per year...which struck me as a thing I could start today, literally I had the thought right as the new moon occurred, on the dot, 5:14 pm! She started her mini-resolutions at the new year, which is the classic time to start, but I'm starting today, right now, because: 

  • right now it's after a New Year of a sort, i.e. Hallowe'en, and 
  • on the day of a New Moon, 
  • specifically...the New Moon in Scorpio...
...it is a great time to finally create this reality. This reality...MY reality...of writing, working as a digital creative, and coder, possibly as a digital nomad, sooner or later. But I have to prove to myself I can do it...so...



SETTING MY INTENTION...planting this seed: Scorpio Season, I will write here (& in other places), including:

Looking at Anne's list of 12 mini-resolutions, I'm unwilling to lay out my 12 or 13 moons of the year ahead, as that will defeat the purpose of the lunar flow of my mini-resolutions being set up to their time, but I am interested in some of her ideas for resolutions:
  1. Working Out Daily (5 days long, 2 days 10 min); yes, this one (modified from her 'Work out 5 days a week'
  2. Write Daily: her 'Consistent Work Plan' which includes Time Management (she includes specific hours for her book in the morning, her blog in the afternoon) but for me this post you are reading is this very seed intention: Writing Daily, starting now, plus my nano writing, since it's November; this may be my Sag moon seed, or maybe will start out now, doing just 10 min daily as a break from writing
  3. Probably skipping/subsuming her next 3 'Getting work-outfit prepped daily (shower, make-up, etc.)' and subsuming her 'Top 3 priority list' (blog, nano, code writing for me in my Writing Daily Seeds) and her 'Phone use only between 2-4pm'
  4. 15 min. morning meditation...I like this idea; have included it in previous lists I've made, and have done it inconsistently in my spiritual practice, though not sure yet when this seed will be planted again; in a later post, she recommends: headspace.com
  5. 'Done list + Gratitude list': Maybe the latter, even the done list if I do a seed about bullet journal posts?
  6. 'Make art everyday'...have also tried this, & had it in my previous lists for every moon in each sign (which last about 1-2.5 days), as part of the monthly lunar cycle; not sure when I will include this
  7. Probably skipping her next 4: 'Building community', 'No buying things', 'No sugar', and maybe 'Morning journaling' because, laudable as these at this point I'm not sure these are priorities for me, though I *have done* "Morning Pages" previously, and may again
  8. - 13.    The other ideas I might try, once I've gotten into the habit of writing daily include intentional audience building using social media, I also like her previous idea of finishing wip's (work-in-progress/de-stash), also gardening daily is an obvious seed for me; maybe yoga daily?, a to-do & ta-da list (a commenter mentioned this) & gratitude list as in #5 if I *don't* do the bullet journal posts; last, but not least, maybe in association with #6 art often, a lunar sign cycle follow & journal &/OR reducing/reusing/upcycling daily  something/a category.
So...here it is...first seed planted, (plus I had to go make dinner in there)...the writing daily blog posted! Now off to work on nano, & some coding too!

Beltane's Sss: Seeds, Sprouts, Sticks (& Stones' Eclipse!)

 Today, I'm home alone (hone along) 'cuz Mama took Tato to the ER & he's been / was...admitted to the hospital this AM...cuz...